Home | Find A Doctor | Contact Us |

  About Us


  Clinical Services

  Awards/Appointees and     Promotions

  Clinical Trials

  Peter Krueger Center

  Robert Mapplethorpe Facility

  New Programs & Services

  Art Therapy Photo Gallery

  Events & Activities

  Our Team


  Contact Us

  Private Practice

  Make a Donation

  Helpful Links
Frequently Asked Questions

How do I become a patient at the Peter Krueger Clinic?
Call our intake line 24-hours a day at (212) 420-2995. Your call will be returned within
one business day.

Where is the Peter Krueger Clinic located?
The Clinic is located at 317 East 17th Street between First and Second Avenues in New York City.

What kind of insurance does the AIDS Center accept?
At this time, we accept New York State Medicaid and ADAP.

Do I have a choice of doctors?
Patients are assigned to doctors within the Clinic; however, if you are unhappy with a particular provider, we make every effort to switch to accommodate your medical and emotional needs.

Do you have dental care?
We have dentists on-site and also use the Beth Israel dental system.

Do you conduct clinical trials?
Patients are referred to Clinical Trials at Beth Israel based on need and diagnosis.

Do you have case management services?
We have our own Social Work team as well as COBRA Case Management provided through the AIDS Service Center of New York. They can help you with housing and benefits issues, as well as arrange for home care where warranted.

Do you have programs for affected individuals?
Our AIDS Family Case Management Program (AFCMP) offers supportive counseling for family members, including children.

Do you provide legal services?
We have free legal services available. Lawyers are at the Clinic twice a month to address legal issues. Along with our Social Work team, they also help patients fill out the paperwork required for permanency planning.

If I am on methadone, can I participate in your programs?
Yes. BI is a large methadone maintenance provider. We can work in conjunction with your program to address all your overall health needs.

Do you have services for Spanish-speaking people?
Yes. We can provide bi-lingual medical providers, case managers, social workers, and treatment groups.

Are my medical records confidential?
All medical information is strictly confidential as set up through the HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act). These are Federal guidelines all medical providers must follow to protect you. You must agree for any information to be released.

Do you have a domestic violence program?
Mount Sinai Beth Israel has a complete program to assist victims of domestic violence.

How do I become a patient at the Robert Mapplethorpe Residential Treatment Facility?
Since the RMRTF is a Nursing Home, you have to be referred by a medical provider. You will need the following for admission:

1. A New York State Patient Review Instrument Screen completed by a Registered Nurse. It indicates whether this setting would be appropriate for your care needs.

2. Active Medicaid (not affiliated with any managed care program).

3. A recent PPD/Chest X-ray ruling out TB.

4. Medical information including complete diagnosis history, HIV status, lab reports, radiology reports (if applicable), recent psychiatric information (if applicable), substance abuse history and, if on methadone maintenance, where you are receiving treatment.

5. Financial information including SSI or SSD payments.

6. Psychosocial information.

These papers can all be faxed to the Admissions Department at (212) 420-5654 or you can have your medical provider call the Admissions Department at (212) 420-5686 or (212) 420-2745.

Privacy Policy | Site Map
Copyright ©  Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai | Mount Sinai Health System