Mount Sinai Beth Israel is proud to be at the forefront of emergency medicine, with the latest technology and innovations. The hospital offers a range of specialty services to accommodate a wide variety of acute care and outpatient services.
- Designated Stroke Center. Mount Sinai Beth Israel is a designated stroke center--certified by the New York State and the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (TJC)—to respond quickly and accordance with advanced treatment standards.
- Special Accommodations for Asthma Patients. Accommodations include high-backed chairs to ensure greater patient comfort (e.g., makes breathing easier) and expedite treatment.
- Dedicated “Fast Track” Unit. The unit is designed to care for patients with less serious health problems, providing them quicker treatment and release services.
- Separate Pediatric Emergency Department. The space sits within the larger ED, and is staffed 24 hours with pediatricians and other clinicians trained in emergency medicine. Moreover, the physical space is designed to ensure greater patient privacy, resulting in a quieter and less stressful stay. Each room has its own television and DVD player. Kid friendly art is displayed throughout the area.
- Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program. The department maintains a Psychiatric Emergency Center—a respectful and discrete environment separated from the main ED. The center is staffed with Psychiatrists and clinicians trained in psychiatric emergency care.
- Special Training and Services for Victims of Crime/Sexual Assault. Mount Sinai Beth Israel emergency staff has been specially trained to treat victims of crime, including sexual assault. In addition to medical care, patients are assigned a Social Services advocate, who stays with them throughout their Emergency Department stay to provide counseling, support and outpatient referral services.
- Language Translation. For patients and/or family members who speak a language other than English, or who are hearing impaired and or use sign language, Mount Sinai Beth Israel offers professional interpreter services, 24 hours a day, seven days a week with video remote interpretation available.