The physicians of the Podiatry Division evaluate and treat a wide range
of conditions and offer a broad depth of services, including:
- Reconstructive and reparative surgery for deformities of the foot
including hammertoes, bunions, dislocations, neuromas, arthritic joints,
tendonitis, flatfeet, plantar fasciitis, heel pain and soft tissue deformities.
- The latest advances in the field to treat conditions such as plantar
fasciitis and Achilles tendonitis with extracorporeal shockwave therapy,
minimally invasive endoscopic coblation surgery, radiofrequency microdebridement
therapy and cryosurgery.
- Surgical and non-surgical management of injuries including sprains,
strains, fractures and dislocations.
- State-of-the-art diabetic foot care including wound care, Charcot
joint management and reconstruction, infection treatment, and preventive
- Management of pediatric deformities including flatfeet, club feet
and gait abnormalities.
- Custom foot orthotic devices and other medical devices for treatment
of heel pain, tendonitis, neuromas, flatfeet, metatarsalgia, diabetic
foot-related conditions and arthritic joints.
Because of the anatomical nature of the foot and the collegial, multidisciplinary
atmosphere at Mount Sinai Beth Israel, the Division of Podiatry routinely
integrates its treatment of patients and works closely with other services,
including vascular surgeons, dermatologists, rheumatologists, orthopedic
surgeons, wound care specialists and physical therapists.
- Paul Betschart, DPM
- David Ellenbogen, DPM
- Hillary Brenner, DPM
- Christopher Chow, DPM
- John J. Doolan, DPM
H. Frankel, DPM (Chief)
- Pauline P. Fu, DPM
- Josef J. Geldwert, DPM
- Les Glubo, DPM
- Lionel G. Hausman, DPM
- Ernest L. Isaacson, DPM
- Alex Katz, DPM (Kings Highway)
- Hannah Kim, DPM
- Katherine Lai, DPM
- Bruce Lashley, DPM
- Brian Levy, DPM
- Scott R. Lurie, DPM
- Charles Marchese, DPM (Kings Highway)
- Kenneth Meisler, DPM
- William D. Spielfogel, DPM (Kings Highway)
- Keith Springer, DPM
- Philip Whitman, DPM