At the Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery at Mount Sinai Beth Israel in New York City we promote the most up-to-date
methods of diagnosing, treating and rehabilitating patients with diseases
of the head and neck.
Whether you are looking for advanced head and neck cancer care…minimally
invasive skull-base surgery… or innovative sinusitis treatment, you'll
find the state-of-the art services you need at the Department of Otolaryngology
- Head and Neck Surgery at Mount Sinai Beth Israel.
A 100-year tradition of surgical innovation
An essential program of Mount Sinai Beth Israel for over a century,
Mount Sinai Beth Israel's Department of Otolaryngology came to national prominence in the
1960s under the leadership of the late Dr. Max L. Som. An acclaimed head
and neck expert, Dr. Som's surgical innovations ushered in a new era of
head and neck cancer care that emphasizes both cure and quality of life.
Today, Beth Israel physicians and researchers continue to pioneer surgical
techniques and medical therapies that advance the field of otolaryngology.
Superb Otolaryngology care-and much more
At Mount Sinai Beth Israel, otolaryngology-pronounced oh-toe-lair-in-goll-oh-jee-is more
than ear, nose and throat (ENT) care. Our board-certified, specialty-trained
physicians offer a range of services, including:
- Head and neck surgery: Our surgeons are internationally
recognized for their innovation in head and neck and thyroid cancer
- General otolaryngology for obstructive sleep apnea,
hoarseness, speech and swallowing problems, infections and injuries
to the head and neck.
- Rhinology and endoscopic sinus and skull base surgery
using the latest minimally invasive techniques to treat sinusitis and
disorders of the nose, sinuses and skull-base, including tumors.
- Vascular birthmark surgery for treatment of port-wine
stain birthmarks, hemangiomas and vascular malformations in children
- Oral, maxillofacial and orthognathic surgery for
jaw, facial and dental reconstruction and rehabilitation. Our specialists
also provide same-surgery dental/prosthetic implants as part of cancer
- Facial plastic & reconstructive surgery for
the treatment of aesthetic surgery of the face, congenital malformations,
traumatic facial injuries, facial cancer reconstruction, and Mohs skin
- Dentistry, prosthodontics and dental implantology
to preserve the health of your teeth and mouth for functional problems,
cosmetic improvement and after cancer treatment, and provide implant-anchored
permanent teeth and prosthetics.
- Support services: Nutritional counseling, a range
of pain and palliative care options, integrative medicine, speech and
swallowing therapy and patient advocacy.
- Speech-Language and Learning Center: The Center consists of a team of NYS licensed and ASHA certified speech-language pathologists who provide assessment and treatment to infants, children, adults and their families. The department of Otolaryngology works closely with the Center for patients in need of treatment for communication and swallowing disorders.
The convenience of under-one-roof care in the heart of New York
The Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery at Mount Sinai Beth Israel is located
in a newly-renovated, customized suite in the Phillips Ambulatory Care
Center (PACC) on Union Square in Manhattan. Our physicians work closely
with multidisciplinary specialists-in head and neck imaging radiology,
head and neck pathology, radiation oncology, medical oncology, neurosurgery,
nutrition, pain and palliative care and more-to provide the comprehensive
care you need.