PCAP is a comprehensive prenatal care program that offers complete pregnancy care and other health services to women and teens who live in New York State and meet certain income guidelines (women are eligible for services up to 200% of the federal poverty level). PCAP offers routine pregnancy check ups, hospital care during pregnancy and delivery, full health care for the woman until at least two months after delivery and full health care coverage for the baby up to one year of age.
Medical Services Provided Under PCAP:
- Routine pregnancy medical check-ups, lab work, and access to specialists
- Hospital care during pregnancy and delivery
- Information about pregnancy, labor and delivery
- HIV counseling and testing
- Help in applying for other programs such as WIC and low or no cost health insurance for your children and family
- Full health care for you until at least two months after delivery
- Health care for your baby for at least one year after birth
- Family planning services
- And more...
You May Be Eligible for PCAP If:
- You can prove your identity (no citizenship or resident alien requirement)
- You provide proof of income (a resource test is not applied) or support
- You provide proof of household residence
- You provide proof of EDC/pregnancy
PCAP is a public entitlement and does not cost anything to apply.
Applications for PCAP may be completed by visiting our Department of Financial Counseling located throughout Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai St. Luke's Roosevelt and Long Island College Hospital. See contact information below for details.
Documentation Required To Complete A PCAP Application:
- Proof of identity: for example, a birth certificate
- Recent paycheck stubs (if you are working) or proof of support by a relative or friend
- Proof of where you live: for example, a rent receipt/lease or landlord statement
- Proof of your pregnancy
Contact Numbers for PCAP:
Mount Sinai Beth Israel
Phillips Ambulatory Care Center (212-844-8610)
Mount Sinai Roosevelt (212-523-MOMS)
Mount Sinai St. Luke's (212-523-MOMS)