The hospitals of Continuum Health Partners, Beth Israel Medical Center, Roosevelt Hospital, St. Luke's Hospital and Long Island College Hospital are committed to caring for patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year Ėregardless of a patientís ability to pay.*
Every day, we treat people who lack health insurance or canít afford to pay for quality health care unless they receive financial assistance.
Continuum has a Financial Assistance Program to help patients apply for financial assistance that is either government-sponsored or offered through our hospitals. Staff in our Department of Financial Counseling will help you determine whether you are eligible for financial assistance, based on the amount of your bill and your financial situation. Our financial counselors may also work with you to arrange extended payment terms, based on your unique circumstances.
All of our hospitals are committed to:
- Maintaining respect and compassion for our patients and their families.
- Assisting patients in gaining access to government insurance programs.
- Informing and educating our staff about the Financial Assistance Program.
- Providing clear information to patients regarding our policy.
- Ensuring easy access to the Financial Assistance Program for everyone; and
- Helping patients in need.
If you would like more information about our Financial Assistance Program, please contact our Department of Financial Counseling at one of the numbers listed in the Contact us section of our website.
*This policy does not apply to New York Eye & Ear Infirmary, which has implemented its own financial assistance policy.